Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Capresso Infinity
DrHenley
Just a field report on this grinder.

I've been using a Capresso Infinity twice or more daily for seven years. I have never had a serious problem with it. A minor annoyance is that there are some places inside that trap the grounds, so I have to tap it a few times to get them all down.

I went through a number of other grinders and never had one that works as well or as long. Although it's hardly what you would call "silent" it is quieter and faster than any other grinder I've ever had, and produces less fines to clog up the filter.
i.imgur.com/7WOLTvP.png
Edited by DrHenley on 02/03/2020 5:26 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AeroPress, Capresso On The Go single cup drip, Moka Pot
DIY Gas Fired perforated drum using TermoPro meat probe as bean probe (very accurate), Aillio Bullet R1 V2
A morning without coffee is like a marriage without a honeymoon.

JackH
I used a different model Capresso for years before I bought the Encore. It was very reliable and great for drip or pour over grinds.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

DrHenley
I've read that some people can't get it fine enough for espresso or coarse enough for French Press with the Infinity, but since I only do pour over and drip, it doesn't affect me.

Should have specified, I'm using the 560.04 model. I see that there is a Infinity Plus model (575.05) that is 50% more expensive. And there is also an Infinity Plus model (570.01) that is about the same price. Does anyone know the difference? Capresso's web site doesn't really tell me anything other than the weight. The 560.04 weighs 3 pounds while the 575.05 weighs 7 pounds...quite a difference!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DIY Gas Fired perforated drum using TermoPro meat probe as bean probe (very accurate), Aillio Bullet R1 V2

Spyderman24-7
The only difference is the housing. The cheaper version is plastic and the 2 more expensive versions are 'metal'... I had the brushed aluminum finish model and I think the other is simply polished aluminum or maybe nickel plated. They all function the same, but some think the metal versions minimize static better.

DrHenley

Spyderman24-7 wrote:
They all function the same, but some think the metal versions minimize static better.

OK that makes sense. I do get a lot of static in dry weather with mine. If it ever kicks the bucket I'll get one of the metal ones.

Jump to Forum: