Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Min specifications to run Artisan
mtbizzle
I have read before that some laptops will not run Artisan smoothly. And I just read that Artisan no longer supports 32 bit OS, only 64 bit. I've been keeping my eye out for a very cheap used laptop, specifically for Artisan, and am now noticing that I can't just get any laptop that is a great deal, I need to get certain min specs. Does anybody have any ideas on this? Any advice on what to look for, or how to find it?
Roast: Kaldi wide, SR800 + projects
Grind: Lab sweet, Bentwood, giota w/ MP burrs, Commandante
Pull: Decent, La Pavoni, Elektra Microcasa a Leva, Faemina anno 60, Kim Express

renatoa
You can run 1.3 on 32 bit, it's my current Artisan version, I am not that kind of upgrade eager guy.

Or, build a roaster dedicated panel with RaspPi and a small cheap 7" screen for less than $100.

Or, use greencardigan Android app.

But, as already wrote in other thread, all of above are over-engineering for a popper machine. I would try first the magic of computer free roasting.

Mbb
Theres a version of artisan to run on most anything.

But why limit yourself to old outdated versions with less features?

For under $200 , maybe under $150, you can get an older, reconditioned work style laptop, 64 bit, i5 or i7 core, 2.5+ ghz, 4gb ram, wiped, new load of windows 10. 8 yrs old hardware......
Possibly no longer supported by mfg......but good enough for artisan, web browsing, netflix.

You can probably get same thing.....for under $100 not reconditioned. All you need for artisan.

Look for reconditioned laptops on amazon
Edited by Mbb on 05/12/2020 5:33 AM

renatoa
I am not limiting myself, my laptop is i7, enough RAM, etc.
As a computer professional I just learnt to not adopt the last version of anything until some iterations. I am still on W7, and don't intend to move to W10 ever.
Also, sometimes I simply like more older versions, for various reasons.

Jump to Forum: