Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Part 4 - Drum motor
Alchemist
4 Drum Motor. In general needs to be compact and "light" allowing it to be attached to the drum and still be dumped with tipping. 40-60 rpm AC.

I currently use this motor from C&H Sales.

48 RPM MOLON MOTORS #HGM-4050-29. 115 VAC 60 Hz. Single phase, non-reversible, sleeve bearings. This shaded pole motor has builtin braking feature that instantly stops output shaft when power is removed. Shaft rotation is CW when viewed from the shaft end. Intermittent duty. No-load speed is 54 rpm @ 0.66 amp. With an 80 oz-in load the shaft rpm is 48. Loaded current is approx. 0.7 amp. Shaft: 5/16" dia. X 13/16" long. The shaft has a flat along one side for its full length. The motor has four 10x32 tapped mounting holes on shaft end of gearbox. PLEASE NOTE: This motor is the same as ACGM2005 but has had the aluminum bracket and pulley removed. Dimensions: 2-3/4" wide x 3" high x 3-1/8" deep (exluding shaft). Stock #ACGM2051 $15.00

We can test out Dan's paint stirring motor, but I am leaning heavily to using that one for stirring the beans in the cooling tray.

What do you think?
Alchemist attached the following image:
drummotor[502].jpg

David
Bingo! That's what I'm talking about!

Good sourcing, John. s:2

Alchemist
There should be no danger of those running out, but do you want to go ahead and pick them up? Being it is what I use in Zen II, it has a good case history.

David
Order placed.

Jump to Forum: