Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
T/C probe location
wes
Hi All,

I'm new here but I have spent a few hours perusing the forums so please forgive me in advance if this topic has already been covered. I am wondering where everyone is placing their T/Cs in their fluid bed roasters. I have a 2lbs Sonofresco that I am wanting to hotrod it and control it with Artisan.

Thanks,
wes

renatoa
For BT, try to figure the spot where is the most beans accumulation, with the lowest movement speed and least airflow.
For ET, you need a spot where is only airflow, no beans. And a sheath specially designed for gas measurement, this is is portant and mostly ignored/omitted. The placement also depends what you want to measure: (E)nvironment, or (E)xhaust.
The spots are different depending the machine build.

jkoll42

wes wrote:

Hi All,

I'm new here but I have spent a few hours perusing the forums so please forgive me in advance if this topic has already been covered. I am wondering where everyone is placing their T/Cs in their fluid bed roasters. I have a 2lbs Sonofresco that I am wanting to hotrod it and control it with Artisan.

Thanks,
wes

Wes - any chance you have had contact with Ken G? He was briefly on here but has been inactive for some time. He had a number of Sono's and lots of contact with the mfg. Not sure if he is still involved in it or not but if you send me a PM I can give you his email since I assume he doesn't monitor his PM's here.
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

allenb
Here's a link for you. He posted under two different usernames

https://homeroast...post_32830
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Jump to Forum: