Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

09/21/2021 8:53 AM
Welcome, Jantaray !

09/20/2021 2:29 AM
Good morning pouring EllaMandalis, Kyle, thegrantickle, and welcome !

09/16/2021 2:18 PM
leekindo, Kian and nvalley, Welkome !

09/14/2021 9:18 AM
TheHobo, Bigtuna and kilaw, welcome to forum

09/10/2021 8:14 AM
Welcome, hakan and flugsio !

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 11

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,326
Newest Member: Jantaray

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Bellwether Roaster
CharcoalRoaster
https://www.bellw...r-details/

Anyone seen one of these before? Just came across it. Interesting concept in that it reclaims heat like many of our home built roasters but cleans the air and emits no smoke, chaff, etc.

Looks like traditional drum agitation with electric driven heat source and onboard roasting software that says you can preload the roast profile instead of making adjustments throughout the roast.

What I like about it?

(1) Zero-emissions recirculating heat concept and
(2) Apparent ease of loading, unloading, etc. as seen in the video.

What I don't like about it?

(1) Over-automation to the point where people can roast a bunch of coffee without really knowing anything about roasting coffee was the head roaster uploads all the desired profiles. Snobbish and elitist I know but I really do value knowing/learning about what you're doing instead of pushing play on a fully automatic machine.

(2) Machines aren't for sale only for lease STARTING AT $1150/mo Shock that's $14k/year!!! Insanity... the volume required to even make that back when you could buy a good used machine capable of 2-5kg is insane to me.
renatoa
Yes, was been announced some two years ago:

https://dailycoff...mit=Search

At the moment of announcement the hype was high, people rave about roasting becoming a self service activity, like a vending machine... but times (or pandemic) didn't confirmed.

Recirculating is done somewhat in any TO based machine. If you look closer, this looks as a vertical laundromat style TO machine, don't you think ? Grin
Even for home Nesco issued a catalytic smoke burning solution many years ago. So nothing new under the sun.

Easy of handling... as in vending machines ? Grin Worked in the early 2000 for an Italian vending machine manufacturer company... incredible the level of robotics that you can find inside such boxes.
ACEMBL
Just out of interest, who was the Italian vending machine company?

I have been following the Bellwhether development with some interest. I?m not 100% convinced it scratches an itch but we are going to have to change from plastic packaging and commercial gas roasting before too long.
renatoa
No more exist today, a small company in Vicenza. At least I didn't found them on Gmaps in the same location.

There are a lot such companies in Italy, every town is surrounded with industrial areas with small facilities, many are family businesses, dozens of employees, who manufacture third party assemblies for the automotive or other industries giants.
renatoa
I see a Bellwether unit in this shop, are they on an increasing trend of popularity?

https://dailycoff...e-upgrade/
Jump to Forum: