Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Poppery I mod help
tastyparm
Hello fellow home roasters. I have been roasting on a Poppery I with a dimmer switch added to the heating element (added by a friend) for a while. Wanting to further modify the popper I decided to put it back to factory wiring in order to make the upgrades more straightforward. I noticed a wire running (circled in red) up to the heating element on the "factory" Poppery. However on mine the wire is soldered on to the dimmer switch cord (blue arrow). My question is "where does the wire need to go and should it be one solid piece or 2?" Thanks in advance for the help. Please let me know if I can clarify any gray areas.
tastyparm attached the following images:
inkedimg_20210110_163113917_li.jpg inkedfzx4ofyhmvjdh0e_li.jpg

Gullygossner
Tough for me to verbalize it but here is my attempt.

It appears as though your friend soldered one leg of the heating coil to a piece of stranded wire which goes through your dimmer. I suspect if you cut the the sleave or tape off that connection and desolder the stock loop of the heater coil will be apparent.

tastyparm
thanks for the answer! I did disconnect the heater wire from the dimmer wire unfortunately in the process I took the wires off of the heating element. do they connect to different points on the heating element or the same spot? also the wire is actually too short! do you think a common un-insulated steel wire will work?

Jump to Forum: