Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Simple fluid-bed roaster attempt: wiring heat element
zamunda
[img][/img]Hello,

This is my first attempt for a small fluid-bed roaster (+-100g).

I have the following:
- Glass tube from an oil-lamp (thrift shop)
- Tea seef ((thrift shop)
- Piece of stainless steel tube (diameter +-8cm, length 2cm)
- Fan from Steinel heat gun
- Heat element from same heat gun (-+ 1500 Watts)
- 18-36V DC with a variable control for fan
- Plugin dimmer for heat-gun (+- 3000Watt).

The fan is quite able of agitating 100 grams of beans, de DC gives a nice control over the agitation.
Now I want to connect the heating element and place it into the stainless tube so the fan blows hot air.
However, can I connect the 220V directly to the heat element? There are 3 wires, have my doubts how to connect these (see pictures)?

Any advice on this?

Thanks and regards,
Bert
zamunda attached the following images:
www.jpeg eee.jpeg sss.jpeg xxx.jpeg

renatoa
The third wire should be the tap for the motor, in original hotgun setup.
Measure with an ohm-meter and find the two wires showing the greatest resistance from the pack.
The expected resistance you should expect to see is in the 35 ohms ballpark. (230V^2 / 1500W)
When you find the desired two wires, insulate the exposed end of the third and let it hang.

zamunda
Although I am not sure, I guess the brown is "L" power, and depending if you connect grey or black, you get "high" power and "lower" power.
But I am not sure, any experience with this?

zamunda

renatoa wrote:

The third wire should be the tap for the motor, in original hotgun setup.
Measure with an ohm-meter and find the two wires showing the greatest resistance from the pack.
The expected resistance you should expect to see is in the 35 ohms ballpark. (230V^2 / 1500W)
When you find the desired two wires, insulate the exposed end of the third and let it hang.

Thanks! I'll try that!

Jump to Forum: