Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
My first posts seem to be gone...
timbarnes
I posted in the "New members say hello..." and "My first Roaster" forums, but the posts seem to have disappeared.

I saw the posts online since publishing them, and I know that my "say hello" post was read at least 8 times.

When I click on my username, it says I have not posted.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks,
tim

timbarnes
My profile just updated, showing one post (presumably two after this is posted). Still missing my original two posts.

snwcmpr
There was a recent update to the forum software. That is now reset back to the old style. My post in that new forum style seems to be gone also.

Can you post your comments/questions again?

Ken
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

timbarnes

snwcmpr wrote:

There was a recent update to the forum software. That is now reset back to the old style. My post in that new forum style seems to be gone also.

Can you post your comments/questions again?

Ken

Thanks, Ken. I re-posted; however I cannot upload images. I selected the two images for the post in "My First Roaster", but they did not upload. I am posting from a Mac. After clicking "Choose File", and selecting a file, it's shown in the editor as

C:\fakepath\Coffee9.jpg
but when I post, the picture does not appear.

timbarnes
Trying another image post, in case I'm losing my mind or the problem has been fixed...

timbarnes

timbarnes wrote:

Trying another image post, in case I'm losing my mind or the problem has been fixed...

...and still not working.

Any ideas?

NetriX
What is the resolution of the image you're attempting to upload?

Also, please verify it meets the current parameters.

Max. filesize: 10MB / Allowed filetypes: .gif .jpg .png .zip .rar .tar .7z .jpeg / Max. number of attachments: 10
NetriX attached the following images:
brandondavis2251_1.png 248349887_10160042626337112_133682047839851976_n.jpg wallpaperdog-20467765.jpg

Edited by NetriX on 11/10/2021 10:57 AM
limb

timbarnes
The images are .jpg, size 85kb and 86kb. Their names are "Coffee8.jpg" and "Coffee9.jpg". I have tried posting one on its own, and both together. Neither resulted in visible images.

I'm going to try again in this post, with a different (non-coffee) image.
timbarnes attached the following image:
clancy_13.jpg

timbarnes
Now I'll try a different coffee image...it seems my extra-small images are somehow faulty. Not sure why. But it looks as though this is now working. Sorry about the extra posts.
timbarnes attached the following image:
coffee_1.jpg

Jump to Forum: