Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Grinder black hole??
allenb
My assumption is that these starting current values in the chart are for regular induction motors. Brushed DC and permanent magnet motors do not have that kind of current inrush.
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

CK
The chart mentioned for post #24 is attached here.
CK attached the following image:
fla_chart.jpg

renatoa
This table is a pure math HP=Watts conversion, based on 750W/HP ratio. More exactly should be 745.7
Has nothing to do with real motors currents, which depends of load.

CK
Here's the modified Urbanic grinder as it is today... has been working well with the updated mods. No more static or retention problems on this build, and the small bellows is just right for a final blowout.
CK attached the following image:
modified_grinder.jpg

allenb
Looks like your hard work and engineering skills paid off! This looks to be one that the main stream grinder makers will need to use as a model for a benchmark to try and beat. ThumbsUp
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

CK
In case someone wants to make something similar, or play around with brushed DC motors, here is the video/channel I learned from. Everything you could want to know on how to use an SCR controller for speed control... correctly.

walaycow
Hi CK, I saw your mod and wanted to see if you can share your 3d print file or design drawings and to know more about how you end up to adjust the grinder speed. I just bought the exact same grinder and your modifications looks awesome and would like to do the same.

CK wrote:

Here's the modified Urbanic grinder as it is today... has been working well with the updated mods. No more static or retention problems on this build, and the small bellows is just right for a final blowout.

CK
I'll see what I can do for you when time permits.

Jump to Forum: