Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What's the best electric fluidbed build running on 110V?
pabl0
Hello everyone!
Looking to DIY build my own fluid bed roaster.
There are so many designs to choose from, so many different parts, etc.

I'm looking to achieve the following:
1. Be able to plug into a wall in the garage or outside in the house that I rent
2. have a clean looking design with easy to source parts (A good friend is also a fabrication expert so I may use his talents to whip up a nice stainless design if someone has a design for me to follow)
3. Be able to wire in an arduino or similar logging equipment and hook up to artisan
4. Be able to roast as many beans per roast as possible within these limitations.

What are my options? Find the biggest heat heat gun that works on 110 and graduate the end of it into a fitting that holds a heat resistant glass cylinder?

Thank you all for the help in advance!

renatoa
Welcome!
My take would be to buy a $79 Sweet Maria popper and become familiar with the concepts.
Then think again Grin

CK
I suggest making a realistic budget for your time and money that you can give for building a roaster... it can take a considerable amount of both depending on the build style. When you know what you're willing to put into the project, and when you'd like to have it finished, that will indicate if you should build your own, or buy one as Renato mentions.

Jump to Forum: