Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Artisan Buttons Set Sliders and Graph Markers to "0"
sahstim001
When you push a button in Artisan, is the corresponding slider supposed to update to the new value? Mine drops to 0 no matter what, even if I push a button setting the value to 100. Also, the chart markers end up all being 0.

Example:
I set fan slider (IO3;{}) to 50. TC4 IO3 LCD returns 50, and 50 is plotted on the chart. Works as expected.
Then I press my "Fan Max" button (IO3;100). TC4 IO3 LCD returns 100, but slider drops to 0, and chart marker shows 0.

Is this normal behavior? Or can this be fixed?

renatoa
What you mean by "TC4 IO3 LCD" ?
As far as I know, you can map to a LCD the data from TC4 packet only... this is what you mean?

Can you log the serial traffic of the moments you described above, i.e. "press my "Fan Max" button (IO3;100)."

jwmelvin
The "value" column may still have a 0 in it. Even though that does not affect what command is sent to the TC4, it affects the slider.

sahstim001

jwmelvin wrote:

The "value" column may still have a 0 in it. Even though that does not affect what command is sent to the TC4, it affects the slider.

This was the issue. When I fill the "value" column the sliders update. Thanks!

However, I have some buttons that run multiple commands, such as a "Cool Down" button which drops the heater to 0 and the fan to 100... is there any way to get those to update the slider?

sahstim001

renatoa wrote:

What you mean by "TC4 IO3 LCD" ?
As far as I know, you can map to a LCD the data from TC4 packet only... this is what you mean?

I'm sorry I used the wrong terminology. I meant the LCD on the right that comes in from Config > Device... > Extra Devices > ArduinoTC4 56

sahstim001

sahstim001 wrote:

However, I have some buttons that run multiple commands, such as a "Cool Down" button which drops the heater to 0 and the fan to 100... is there any way to get those to update the slider?

Figured it out, for the "Action" on such buttons you use "Multiple Event" and use that to call other button numbers.

jwmelvin

sahstim001 wrote:
Figured it out, for the "Action" on such buttons you use "Multiple Event" and use that to call other button numbers.

Thanks, I've been wondering how to do that for a while.

Jump to Forum: