Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Skywalker, the ALM chinese one pound roaster
kazozero
The wifi box i ordered from Chinese App - Taobao.
Seller is Man coffee. He selling RMB388
kazozero attached the following image:
img_3884.jpeg

renatoa

renatoa wrote:

I found multiple companies, related to Foshan, selling the same roaster... not sure which of them is really a manufacturer, if only one...

https://surewin-c...index.html
https://gzkitchen...ofile.html
https://akmita.en...index.html
https://itopkitch...ofile.html

Akimita start using for the first time the name Skywalker for this roaster on Alibaba, and also showing images from the production line.
https://www.aliba...64424.html

kazozero
You right! Akimita company profile in Alibaba seem more promising. They have the detail and production line of skywalker roaster.

kazozero
Attached is the app i use to go my roasting. This morning i just roast 300g
The server should be in China and I’m from Singapore.
kazozero attached the following images:
img_3910.png img_3909.png img_3908.png

renatoa
Is this a profile roasting, or manual driven of power by you?
Is the air plotting an option ? Seems missing... or, is the green line ?

kazozero

renatoa wrote:

Is this a profile roasting, or manual driven of power by you?
Is the air plotting an option ? Seems missing... or, is the green line ?

I bought the wifi box from the China App. Yes using manual control in order to get the artisan graph. Is like the original control but was ported into an app.

Green line you referring is air temperature. I didn’t mod extra sensor for it

*sorry my bad, the green colour line indicates “airflow”. Where yellow are the air temperature
Edited by kazozero on 05/18/2024 1:58 AM

renatoa
Surely temperature, and not % of fan ?
Then where is fan % plotted ?

Extra sensor for air ? Fitting where ? Is the roaster providing a new plug for this purpose ?

On that screen I see the graph only, can you post a screen with roast controls and numeric displays ?

kazozero

renatoa wrote:

Extra sensor for air ? Fitting where ? Is the roaster providing a new plug for this purpose ?

On that screen I see the graph only, can you post a screen with roast controls and numeric displays ?

The graph below indicate total roast time 8.41, development period 1.51, development percent 21.4%

*my next roast will attach with the control.

kazozero

renatoa wrote:

Actually we can still add 1 sensor in our roaster. I attached the picture at below. This sensor came with screw thread at base. After fitted we just use nut to tighten it.
img_3932.jpeg img_3931.jpeg img_3930.jpeg

renatoa
Sure, we can add a dozen... but... is this a manufacturer provided feature, or a DIY mod ?

And the same question as before... where is connected, who read this new sensor?

kazozero

renatoa wrote:

Sure, we can add a dozen... but... is this a manufacturer provided feature, or a DIY mod ?

And the same question as before... where is connected, who read this new sensor?

Our first version don’t seem linked to artisan or artisan like features. So i have to buy a wifi box that link to inner heat sensor (via original usb port). And the software provide reading and controlling the roaster

alin
Sorry @kazozero,
I don't understand your explanations. First question - Did you buy a modded coffee roaster with wifi control from your computer and artisan graphics display from the factory? Or you separately bought an alternate WiFi controller that you're now trying to connect to your original coffee roaster ?
What does that alternative Wifi controller look like? We are very curious if it brings anything new compared to the dy variants developed here. Please show pictures of the whole system so we can figure out what it is all about. Thanks for the replies !

renatoa
From what I seen so far, those are not screenshots of the true Artisan Roastlogger, recently renamed RoasterScope.
First of all, Artisan is a PC/Linux/MacOS executable program.
Is not an app, don't run on any smartphone, only on tablets/pads.
So please no more use the word Artisan for whatever app you are showing, will confuse people.

kazozero
Attached is the box connected to skywalker roaster. The small screen show the barrel temperature. Another picture showing the graph before start roasting and below is the control button.

Basically are:

Heat control from 0 - 100, airflow control from 0-100

Barrel rolling - on/off, cooling - on/off
img_3951.png img_3950.jpeg

kazozero

renatoa wrote:

From what I seen so far, those are not screenshots of the true Artisan Roastlogger, recently renamed RoasterScope.
First of all, Artisan is a PC/Linux/MacOS executable program.
Is not an app, don't run on any smartphone, only on tablets/pads.
So please no more use the word Artisan for whatever app you are showing, will confuse people.

Thanks for the education. As a roaster the program simply help us to read the temperature and control airflow to achieve the end result.

I thought here are to shares the mod and experiences about Skywalker roaster.

I’m sorry probably i went to the wrong chat

renatoa

kazozero wrote:

Barrel rolling - on/off

So it's the user responsibility to start stop the drum rolling ?
Does the app allows stop the drum rotation in the middle of the roast ?

You are at the right place here, all we want is the right understanding of what we see and what we get.

kazozero

renatoa wrote:

kazozero wrote:

Barrel rolling - on/off

So it's the user responsibility to start stop the drum rolling ?
Does the app allows stop the drum rotation in the middle of the roast ?

You are at the right place here, all we want is the right understanding of what we see and what we get.

Thanks. Yes, we need to stop the rolling manually. Which is really good for roaster. Especially we have to let the machine cool down to certain degree before stop the rolling. The app will auto start rolling when connected.
The only problem is, we can’t set preheat temperature. Everything manually control.

alin
Do you only use the app to control the coffee roaster? Or does it run parallel to the classic controller ?

kazozero

alin wrote:

Do you only use the app to control the coffee roaster? Or does it run parallel to the classic controller ?

Due to only 1 usb port. We can only use either original control or the wifi box. (Not sure multiple usb extension work or not. Maybe i will try some day)

renatoa
Would not work, that plug does not carry true USB signals, the connector was the choice due to its popularity and easiness of use.
So don't try split wires using an USB hub, you risk damaging something at the roaster side.
However, a bypass box can be done, using an Arduino board, running a modified version of Spy sketch.

kazozero

renatoa wrote:

Would not work, that plug does not carry true USB signals, the connector was the choice due to its popularity and easiness of use.
So don't try split wires using an USB hub, you risk damaging something at the roaster side.
However, a bypass box can be done, using an Arduino board, running a modified version of Spy sketch.

Ooh i see. Thanks for the advice.

billsey
Likely the same type of thing is true for the USB-C port the exhaust fan connects to, it probably just pulling power for the fan and has no ability to control anything.

kazozero
Shocked and surprised to see the white colour version
kazozero attached the following image:
img_4080.jpeg

renatoa
Yours ? or elsewhere ?
Image looks kinda CGI confused...

kazozero

renatoa wrote:

Yours ? or elsewhere ?
Image looks kinda CGI confused...

Now mine. Happened saw it on sales