Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Artisan 2 vs Roastime 4
vihitk
Hey guy, so I finally broke down and ordered a Bullet R1V2. Connecting my laptop to the hot and heavy machine via USB everytime is getting a little tedious, so went down a rabbit hole and came up with the solution of using Artisan 2 on RaspberryPi 4 using Sweet Maria's drivers. I just want to know if anyone have any experience of using Bullet with Artisan and how it compare to Roastime which, from what I understand, has been getting a steady stream of regular update since last couple of years. Your experience would help me decide weather to buy a RPI or try to revive an old PC. Thanks in advance.

renatoa
Artisan also is updated frequently, 13 issues since V2.0 June 2019, three versions each year as average.
Why would this criterion be important for you ?
I am still on V1.3, for example.
Not using Roastime, so I can't compare.

vihitk

renatoa wrote:

Artisan also is updated frequently, 13 issues since V2.0 June 2019, three versions each year as average.
Why would this criterion be important for you ?
I am still on V1.3, for example.
Not using Roastime, so I can't compare.

I'm new to the home roasting, so wants to get understand which direction would be good for my journey. Updates aren't important, they are just a metric of how much software devs listen to users and fine tune their product. I'm mostly concerned about the accuracy of the roast profile, so chosing the roasting software will determine my next steps.

Jump to Forum: