Jim Lyon
Jim's Coffee Beans

Ray T
SMOKE !! WHAT SMOKE ?? or Home Roasting gives me the Chaff. Roflmao

rcwarship
Artwork for "Embrace the smoke!"
Best Regards To All,
Jon

i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss52/rcwarship_images/Embrace%20the%20Smoke/Embracethesmokebrown.jpg

i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss52/rcwarship_images/Embrace%20the%20Smoke/CharcoalthingnegativeII-1.jpg

i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss52/rcwarship_images/Embrace%20the%20Smoke/Embracethesmokeplain.jpg
rcwarship attached the following image:
embracethesmoke.jpg

Edited by rcwarship on 09/15/2009 3:44 AM
Tell me and I forget, show me and I remember, involve me and I understand.

seedlings
Bah, slow day at work.

CHAD
seedlings attached the following image:
13hrologox.jpg

Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

dfluke

seedlings wrote:
Bah, slow day at work.

CHAD

That would look really good on a light brown shirt.

John Despres
Something from me now that I have a little time on my hands.

John
John Despres attached the following image:
jacd_hro_logo_idea.jpg

Edited by John Despres on 10/29/2009 8:47 PM
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

seedlings
Did you put cream in that cup, John? :P

I like it. I also like that The John Despres now has a bit of free time.

CHAD

ginny
Hi all:

I am thrilled to see this thread pop to life again. W had some great stuff and it looks like even more has been added. Now I have to figure out a way to pick a couple.

I was thinking contest with member voting?

thoughts please!

ginny

randytsuch

ginny wrote:

I was thinking contest with member voting?

thoughts please!

ginny

Sounds good to me.

Randy

seedlings
Brown it
Brew it
Down it

CHAD
seedlings attached the following image:
godcoffee.jpg

Edited by seedlings on 12/30/2010 2:35 PM

JETROASTER
Brown-n-Down --Scott

Unta
Anyone have any objections to an outsiders submission...Im no graphic designer but i know a few good ones... just a thought.
sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

jkoll42
Well, I am a on the side Graphics designer. New to the site and just saw this thread so I will try to find the time to photoshop something up over the weekend. Have an idea or two.

One question - is the official site abbreviation HR or HRO? Everyone seems to be doing something different.
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

seedlings
HR sounds like a field you need a psychology degree to break into. I like HRO - But Ginny is la Capitana.

CHAD

ginny
Hi folks:

I like HRO and have contimued to use it over the last several years.I evloved from some emails back and forth between admins and members.

But if you all want HR, no lets keep HRO.

HR sounds like a corporate sap!

please no offense to anyone...

ginny

jkoll42
How dare you! My mother was a corporate sap in the HR department :P
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

gene
Hey:

Read four pages of this thread this AM. What a journey going back to Ginny's first post Feb 2008. Wow, getting nostalgic. The idea of a HRO tee is so old its past second crack and into vienna and still no tee.

Now I love Coffee Geek and Home Barista but don't want a Tee from there. Seems like I have "grown up" listening to John Despres, Eddie, Ginny, Chad, KK, Clifford, BJ, Endless and so many more. Fantastic ideas.
I have lived and breathed this site, lurking in the background for years..... I love HRO the mostest and want a HRO tee that I can wear out til it becomes threadbare. And I want it this summer!

So lets vote! Bring it on.....DECISION TIME! No more procrastination. YEA!

John Despres
Looks like Gene has called the question. Vote?
John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

gene
Ginny:

You started it. One last call for ideas this week. List the ideas, 1-10 or ?. Give everyone one week to vote. There were some great ideas on here for design.
Give me an address to send my $25.00 plus shipping or whatever. Cost of shirt and shipping and balance to CoffeeKids or whatever.

We can sell to HRO folks and.........
Sweet Marias, Burman Coffee Traders, Coffee Corral, etc. would sell our shirts with CoffeeKids in mind. Let them have $2.00 off top for handling plus extra for shipping.
Everyone wins!

PLEASE ORGANIZE IT ASAP!

ginny
OK, just got home and have 100% access...

let me go back and review some of this thread and get my butt in gear. Delighted it have found it's way back from the dead threads!!

ginny
Shock
Grin

jkoll42
Well, here is the best quality I could muster this weekend with limited time (that's what you get when you come to the party 2 years late):|

If people chose this, I would finish tweaking it so it looked better overall - the bean graphic is crappy but I didn't feel like spending $ on a good stock photo and the metal plate would not look cheesy with a little more time.

The idea came from the single bean coffee roaster in the roaster contest and the idea that we all have put so much investment in roasting that every bean is important.

Jon
jkoll42 attached the following image:
hro2.jpg

-Jon

dja
you get someone to cut that homeroasters.org tag out of foam on a cnc mill and I'll cast it in brass.

DJA
I pour Iron and roast Coffee BeansThumbsUp
If life seems normal your not going fast enough Mario Andrette

Ringo
I can cut you one out of plexiglass, largest size I can do is 3" x 12". Will plex work?
All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain

dja
that would be even better than foam, the plexiglass makes the pattern reuseable, use a 2 degree tapered endmill so that it will release from the sand, you can make the pattern from anything thats as strong as wood, but will machine smooth.

DAvid
I pour Iron and roast Coffee BeansThumbsUp
If life seems normal your not going fast enough Mario Andrette

Ringo
The tapper will be a problem, this machine Is used to make patterns for making moldings so it uses a very small straight bit. I will ask the Man who runs it tomorrow if he can taper but if he can not will it work any way? Then if we are going to do this we will need a size And if the print should be raised or lowered. What are you thinking putting them up for sale, only thing that worries me is how badly I spell, May end up with. Hameroastes
All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain

Jump to Forum: