Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
We are looking...
jkoll42
Well, here is the best quality I could muster this weekend with limited time (that's what you get when you come to the party 2 years late):|

If people chose this, I would finish tweaking it so it looked better overall - the bean graphic is crappy but I didn't feel like spending $ on a good stock photo and the metal plate would not look cheesy with a little more time.

The idea came from the single bean coffee roaster in the roaster contest and the idea that we all have put so much investment in roasting that every bean is important.

Jon
jkoll42 attached the following image:
hro2.jpg

-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

dja
you get someone to cut that homeroasters.org tag out of foam on a cnc mill and I'll cast it in brass.

DJA
I pour Iron and roast Coffee BeansThumbsUp
If life seems normal your not going fast enough Mario Andrette

Ringo
I can cut you one out of plexiglass, largest size I can do is 3" x 12". Will plex work?
All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain

dja
that would be even better than foam, the plexiglass makes the pattern reuseable, use a 2 degree tapered endmill so that it will release from the sand, you can make the pattern from anything thats as strong as wood, but will machine smooth.

DAvid

Ringo
The tapper will be a problem, this machine Is used to make patterns for making moldings so it uses a very small straight bit. I will ask the Man who runs it tomorrow if he can taper but if he can not will it work any way? Then if we are going to do this we will need a size And if the print should be raised or lowered. What are you thinking putting them up for sale, only thing that worries me is how badly I spell, May end up with. Hameroastes
All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain

Unta
What would it take to make these things Beltbuckle's. It would be making a serious statement to sport an HRO or Homeroasters belt buckle..
sean
Unta attached the following image:
beltbucklehrobucklebelt.gif

Edited by Unta on 02/20/2011 6:36 PM
Sean Harrington
educate.

Ringo
I can cut the pattern, but you are not allowed to Put on cowboy clothing in Ohio. We grow corn.

Unta

Ringo wrote:
I can cut the pattern, but you are not allowed to Put on cowboy clothing in Ohio. We grow corn.

HAHA..hot glue on some fake diamonds, bling goes with everything. Grin
Edited by Unta on 02/20/2011 8:09 PM
Sean Harrington
educate.

dja
Ringo
I saw the logo on the graphic, and thought that it would look good in brass, and no I have intentions of trying to make and sell them, and yes I could make the belt buckle but it would take a few trys.

and I know for a fact that they wear belts and buckles in Ohio, you gotta do better than that.

as far as size goes make it a decent size that is say 2" high by 6" long, or maybe 2 X 7

if the letters are raised only about and 1/8 inch the taper could probably be left off, if it was going to be an inch thick it would need the taper so the pattern would release from the sand.

If you were going to do belt buckles I would go to a trophy shop and have them do it, my casting skills lead more towards the industrial side making parts for steam engines and such.

David

dja
really need a spin caster for something as thin as a buckle.

Unta

dja wrote:

my casting skills lead more towards the industrial side making parts for steam engines and such.

David

I prefer a bit of character, though if its a pain in the butt no worries....if its brass Im sure I could come up with something.
Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

dja
you could take it some where and have some diamonds mounted on it, maybe a ruby or two. do it in gold and tell everyone you got rich roasting coffee in your backyard.

I would prefer a touch more artistic skill but somehow I got left out when they handed em out.

DAvid

Jump to Forum: