Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
BAM! About to open a cafe.....
Hoomin Bean
When I started my coffee concession with an espresso truck, I swore I would never, never, never open a permanent cafe. I figured I'd never have the bucks for a busy downtown location, and the languishing suburban location is almost a stereotype on the various retailer forums one can read.

About the time I was finishing my rk bbq (see mobile mods) and as I was putting together the pics for my cooler contest entry, a business opportunity came out of left field that knocked me for a loop. It sure put the brakes on the roasting, etc, while I tried to rewrap my noodle.

Two women I know, who have a food education/demonstration business, crossed paths with a guy looking for a cluster of independent operators (coffee bar, deli, bakery, box supper take out, and ice cream parlor) to set up in a derelict restaurant he had renovated. And everything organic/natural. Wha?

So the women started pulling in the organic bakers, etc, that they knew, and asked me about the coffee bar. I met the guy, and no sooner did I say roasting that he said he had been thinking it would be cool to have a roasted coffee associated with the place. Been working like the dickens on this project ever since, you can imagine. As a friend of mine once said, it always helps to throw more brains on the fire. There is a full arc of plan review, health inspection, etc, ahead, which I will post the progress of. Plus, I think the whole business model is so alt-System that people in this community especially might enjoy knowing about it.

yo, hollahback, Ed

Kaffee Bitte
Cool Beans! Congrats Ed!! I look forward to hearing what you are working on.

Give us the dirt on the machines you end up getting!!
Lynn

"Some days it's spice, other days it's bitter dirt."

EddieDove
I'm green!
Respectfully,

Eddie Dove

The South Coast Coffee Roaster
vita non est vivere sed valere vita est
Home Coffee Roasting Blog and Reference
http://southcoast...gspot.com/

Jump to Forum: