Total Members: 8,165
Newest Member: Ramper

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
How to Attach Pictures to Posts
seedlings
Before attaching a picture or file to a post, there are two key rules:

1) The picture must be less than 500 x500 pixels.
2) The file must be less than 97.66Kb

So, all of us with 7+ megapixel camreas have to do some editing otherwise the picture won't attach.

How do you know if your picture is too big? Hover your mouse over the thumbnail or icon of the picture on your computer. The little popup box will say "Dimensions: 1600x1200" or larger or smaller (or right click and go to "Properties"). 1600 pixels is too large. Homeroasters wants 500 pixels as the largest dimension. So... some math:

500 / Largest Dimension = % reduction required

In our case that's:
500 / 1600 = .3125 or 31% (always round DOWN)

Now, open your picture in MS Paint (right click, select "Open With" then "Paint"). Go to "Image" then "Strech/skew". In the Horizontal AND Vertical windows type in the % reduction, 31 in our case. Click OK. Save the file, and use this as the attachment! Viola!

How to attach it? When you go to make a new post, or to add a reply to an existing post, you'll see the "Attachment" section right above the "Preview Thread" and "Post Thread" buttons. Click "Browse" then find your re-sized image and attach it.

If you click "Preview Thread" you won't see your picture AND you will have to RE-ATTACH it before clicking "Post Thread". You must have typed something in the window in order to attach a picture.

Any trouble, just contact an Admin or Moderator by clicking on a name, then send a "PM" (Personal Message) and we'll help you pretty quick.

CHAD
Edited by seedlings on 07/11/2008 11:27 PM
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

Alchemist
Is there any setting that can be adjusted to allow multiple picture attachments? This one at a time thing is a real PITA when trying to document something - like a roaster building project ;)

seedlings

Alchemist wrote:
Is there any setting that can be adjusted to allow multiple picture attachments? This one at a time thing is a real PITA when trying to document something - like a roaster building project ;)

I feel your pain. To my knowledge there is no way to add multiple pictures... BUT... since you're creative, I think you can stack 2 pictures-in-one on top of each other, with only 500 pixels width, but over 500 pixels tall IF it's still less than 97K. I THINK... I'll try it now to test...
seedlings attached the following image:
TEST[1013].jpg

seedlings
Well, that one went through, and nobody has to scroll side to side. It was a 74K file. I opened one picture in paint, went to "Image", "Attributes" then doubled the height, opened the other picture, copied the other picture, then pasted the other picture underneath the first one.

CHAD

ginny
CHAD:

thanks for this post. I will add it to what we have. in case some ask we will have the ability to add multiple photo's very soon.

gs:8s:8
Edited by ginny on 07/11/2008 3:01 PM

Jump to Forum: