04/23/2024 7:01 PM
Paul Kalb Welcome

renatoa
04/23/2024 4:34 AM
Coffee_Rabbit_Hole
and Michaelion, welcome cup

renatoa
04/21/2024 2:35 AM
compactjack and GreenGenie coffee drink ?

allenb
04/19/2024 8:27 AM
eximwind Welcome

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,227
Newest Member: AGZ

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What else do I need to build my own hot air roaster?
progen
So far, I've gotten the Arduino Uno and TC4+. Installed Artisan Scope, uploaded the relevant sketches and have gotten Arduino monitoring and displaying the readings from the thermocouple.

Just ordered the Robotdyn zero cross detecting dimmer for the blower this morning so that's taken care of. I have a 5500W heating element standing by so that's also taken care of. Not planning to do your usual borosilicate cylinder kind of fluid bedder so let me worry about that part.

Do I need anything else to get the Arduino to control the SSR? I'm thinking of getting a 40 or 50A SSR and saw on YouTube that you'll need some resistors in the path.

Is there anything else I've missed out on?

renatoa
A big heatsink for the ssr.
Check last month discussions with greencardigan in the Robotdyn dimmer thread, about heatsink sizing for a given current/power.

progen

renatoa wrote:

A big heatsink for the ssr.
Check last month discussions with greencardigan in the Robotdyn dimmer thread, about heatsink sizing for a given current/power.

I was hoping you'd reply because if you don't mind, I might need to pick your brains a bit when the various parts are ready to be put together.

As for the dimmer, I'll be using it for the blower, not the heating element. Don't think it'll like being put in charge of a 5500w dryer heating element. Was hoping to use the Arduino to control a 50A Crydom SSR and of course to have a decent heatsink connected.

Jump to Forum: